Friday, April 25, 2014

With or Without You, Makeup!

Hi friends! I know I always do that thing where I don't post for a really long time but this time there's a reason! I've actually been in Europe for the past two weeks! Exciting, I know! I am back to my boring life now and decided I needed to make this post (which is irrelevant to my trip to Europe). This isn't my normal haul/review post but I feel that it needed to be said.
A few weeks ago I was hanging out with my boyfriend and I accidentally got some makeup on his shirt when I hugged him. Now this doesn't sound like a big deal but it was to me. I had this MASSIVE breakdown about how I hate wearing makeup and I hate getting it on his clothes all the time and having to be careful about getting it on my other things too. I was conflicted because I felt too self conscious to go without makeup, which made me self conscious about wearing makeup. Confusing right? Well my idea was that I wasn't confident enough to step outside the house with a naked face. At the same time, I hated wearing makeup because it was a constant reminder that I was self conscious.
I realize that my mentioning Europe had a point. This is because when I got back I felt like a completely different person. I don't know if it was because I was exposed to so many new things or I met so many new people, but in the end I felt significantly better. At this point I've decided to accept the way I was put together and embrace how I look without makeup. Having said that, I've also decided to accept the fact that I love wearing makeup. Being able to ignore my insecurities has made me feel like wearing makeup isn't for hiding those insecurities but for displaying the parts of myself I do like. I think coming back from Europe has made me realize there are so many things out there to explore and worrying about the way I look seems like a waste of time. I'm content with how I look regardless of whether I have makeup on or not and I plan to keep this mindset for a long time. I hope this somehow inspires you guys to find the better things about yourself and appreciate them. As cliche as it sounds, don't worry about the way you look too much(:
Hope y'all have a nice day!
I'll be back to update you guys on my trip!
Love,
The Happier Vy<3

No comments:

Post a Comment