Monday, April 28, 2014

College Decisions

Okay so I'm supposed to be writing my essay right now but with how much I've already gotten done I decided I needed a break.
You guys probably don't know, but as of right now I'm committed to California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo. The sad part is that a week ago I didn't even know its full name. Someone asked me what school I was going to and I couldn't even tell them (oops!).
A few weeks ago I was getting really depressed about the fact that I only got into TWO schools of the TEN I applied to. I was really down about the fact that everyone I knew was going to UC Davis or Berkeley or LA or any UC and I wasn't. I mean I did get into UC Santa Cruz but that just isn't the place for me.
I've come to realize that I really need to stop comparing myself to the other students. It's MY life and MY future and tbh their college of choice probably won't matter to me in a few years. Plus there are people who can't afford to go to a great school like Cal Poly.
This post is to remind myself that it's okay that I'm going to an awesome state school and that going to a UC doesn't define me. It's what I make of college that defines me.
To sum everything up, I'm going to stop comparing myself to the other kids and be happy about whatever happens to me in the future. I'm lucky that I got into such an awesome school.
I gotta get back to writing my AP Lit essay but I hope y'all are happy with whatever you guys do with your future.
Love,
Vy Tran, Cal Poly Freshman.

No comments:

Post a Comment